Things You Should Know
Below are links to home safety related checklists to keep you and your family safe.
(all of the tip sheets contained in this section can be accessed through www.nfpa.org)
9 Volt Battery Safety
Candle Safety Tips
Clothes Dryer Safety
Carbon Monoxide Safety
Electrical Safety Tips
Home Fire Sprinklers
Home Safety for People with Disabilities
Light Bulb Safety Tips
Manufactured Homes Safety Tips
Portable Fireplace Safety
Scald Prevention Safety
Smoke Alarms for People who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
Smoking & Home Fire Safety
Wood Pellet Stove Safety
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the Spalding County Fire Department offer blood pressure checks?
Yes, all of the 7 county fire stations offer blood pressure checks.
- What is a Burn Ban?
The open burning/controlled burn ban is under the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. This ban is in effect from May 1st through September 30th. There are flyers attached under the Forms Tab that lists the specifics of the burn ban.
- How do I schedule a tour or visit to a fire station?
- How can I receive a free smoke detector?
- Does the Fire Department fill swimming pools?
- Does the Fire Department have volunteer firefighters?