E-Verify ID # 123541
Effective 5/30/08


You Are Why We're Here

Spalding County Citizen Request App



The Community Development Office is available to assist those persons interested in establishing and conducting a business in unincorporated Spalding County. Unincorporated Spalding County includes those areas lying outside the municipal boundaries of the cities located in Spalding County. You may apply at the Community Development Office in Griffin, Georgia. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Businesses located in the municipalities must obtain Business Occupational Tax Certificates from the city where the business is located.

A separate license/certificate is required for each service or separate location of business. Any person, including but not limited to an individual, partnership, corporation or limited liability company (with proof of corporation), who wishes to conduct either directly or indirectly, any business within Unincorporated Spalding County must secure a business license.

All businesses require our Zoning approval, while regulated businesses will require additional approvals (Fire, Building, Environmental Health, Agriculture, Planning/Development, etc.) prior to obtaining the business license.

The Community Development Office issues Business Licenses (to home and commercial based businesses) and Alcohol Licenses. This Office conducts business license inspections; issues citations to business owners operating without a license and attends court hearing for code violation. This office works closely with other county agencies to insure businesses are operated legally.

Regulation & Permit Procedures for Canvassing, Peddling & Door To Door Sales in Spalding County

For information regarding business and alcohol license please Contact:

Charlsie Tillman
Administrative Assistant
Business Administration

(770) 467-4208
  Spalding County Annex, Suite 203
119 East Solomon Street
Griffin, Georgia  30223